The Ceremony of the Fangs! A T U T O R I A L
- Gather the supplies: plastic vampire fangs, small scissors, white thread, sewing needle, long pin with an easy-to-hold head, and a candle. Optional but not pictured: needle nose pliers. (The cordial glass of rose liqueur is also optional.)
- Trim two teeth from the vampire fangs, making the edges as smooth as possible. Optional: I held each tooth in the pliers, over the candle flame, to smooth down the edges.
- Heat the tip of the pin over the candle flame, then poke 3 to 4 holes through the top of each tooth.
- Thread the needle and make a small, sturdy knot at the end of the thread.
- Carefully start sewing the teeth to your fuzzy companion, using the holes you already made in the teeth. It’s helpful to talk to your fuzzy companion during this step: assure them of their bravery, and tell them how fierce and dashing they’ll look when the teeth are secure.
- Trim all loose, exposed ends of the thread, gently fluff the fur around the new teeth, and perhaps give your fuzzy companion a new bow tie.
Merricat bunny was thrilled to be the tutorial model, and is quite pleased with her fangs.
Good luck! Clovis Devilbunny would like to remind you that the Evil Bunny Alliance is an equal-opportunity organization, and gleefully accepts recruits of all shapes, sizes, and fuzzy animal type.